So as many of you know by now, we have moved to Houston. I know, right? It’s crazy! Not only did we move to Houston, we moved into an apartment. Not only did we move in to an apartment, we moved in to a second floor apartment in a three story building.
This has led to some interesting dynamics, being as we’ve become unaccustomed to having someone live above and below us. Primarily above us.
These people (I’m assuming it’s people, plural. Either that or an eight-legged man) have some sort of an interesting ritual where from the hours of 3 am and 6 am, they wake up and make a lot of noise with their feet. I know this because their room is directly above ours.
The first morning in our new apartment, we awoke at 3 am to the creaks, groans and stomps. We lay there in bed, blinking in disbelief. What was this sorcery?
We tried to figure out what could possibly be going on up there. “Maybe they are moving, and that’s them packing to go,” Casey said. “Maybe,” I said, ever hopeful.
They were not moving. The next morning, it was the same thing. Three hours of intense stomping around. Whatever are they doing? Why are they doing it? Why us? Why now?
Here is my short list of what the people upstairs are doing between the hours of 3 and 6 am. Feel free to chime in with ideas of your own:
1. Sleep tap dancing
2. Speed Yoga
3. Rehearsing for Rockettes: A Very Texas Christmas
4. Every morning at 3 am there is a colony of ants that appears under their bed and they have to kill all of the ants. Quickly.
5. Putting out tiny brush fires that appear on their bedroom floor every morning between the hours of 3 – 6 am.
6. After having developed a phobia of both treadmills and our 24 hour fitness center, they are training for a full marathon.
8. The apartment above us is indeed inhabited by a herd of elephants.
9. Sweating to the Oldies, volumes 1 – 6
Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing? Is it a thing? Some sort of early dawn stomp club?
Yours in really wishing I rented a house,